CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I Bless Myself"

Last night I stayed in Jordan's room while he said his prayer. He asked Heavenly Father to help him be "polite and respectful". He then said, "I bless myself to be kind to people with different colors of skin that people are mean to." We've been talking about racial equality recently so it was great to hear that he seems to get it. We obviously, however, need to do a little work on the prayer structure...like that we ask God to bless us and not bless ourselves. :)

6 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

oh that is so sweet. You have the sweetest kids ever!!

Bennett Family said...

too cute! parker is OBSESSED w/racial equality lately too! sweet boys.

The Dillon 6 said...

It's Black History Month. And our kids are amazing!!

Katie said...

What a doll!! Isn't it amazing how fast kids learn and how they soak things up?!

debbie said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing. These little spirits really are something!

Corey and Lisa said...

I love that, it's so sweet and genuine! Jaden does something similar, he often says..."bless my mom and my dad and my dog and my sister, and please bless me". That's cute that Jordan blessed himself!