We decided to take a week and head up north for a little break. We stayed in Burlington and visited nearby places. It's beautiful up there, even though it rained quite a bit. Despite the rain and the fact that I came down with a bad head cold/cough, followed by some of the children catching it, we had a relaxing, enjoyable time as a family.
Aaron took the children to a great park in Anacortes:
Maya was able to get a photo of how Jordan's eyes look when he does his special eye trick (he moves his eyes from side to side really fast):
The Tulip Festival would be starting soon, and the children took photos as we drove by some of the fields of gorgeous flowers (I LOVE tulips):
One of our favorite outings was to a little beach by Deception Pass. It was peaceful and beautiful:
When I was growing up, our family RARELY went out to eat. When one of us was baptized, my parents would take us to the Royal Fork, which we thought was the greatest place on the planet. Endless rootbeer out of the fountain, chocolate pudding, self-serve soft ice cream....HEAVEN! So when Aaron and the children and I were driving around during our vacation and I spotted the Royal Fork out the window, I was so surprised! We actually ate there one afternoon, and after I told the children about my childhood memories of the place they kept saying how it was my favorite "food place" (they don't say restaurant, they always say "food place"). Let's just say that the food seemed MUCH better when I was a child, but now I share special memories of the Royal Fork with my children as well. I wonder if that place still exists in Albuquerque....
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Mini Vacation Up North - Spring 2010
Posted by Kerry at 10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment