CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When I Grow Up....

When I went into Jordan's room to tuck him in bed tonight, he said: "Mom, do you know what just came into my heart?" I said, "What?" He said, "That I should be a writer when I grow up." I asked him what kind of writer he would like to be. He said: "Fiction stories." About a minute later he said, "Not for 'National Geographic' because I don't want to go down into caves in small spaces." We recently watched a documentary on cave exploring/research. The section on exploring cenotes would make anyone claustrophic.

A couple of weeks ago Jordan announced to me that he wanted to work on video game systems when he grows up. Then he said, "And if I can't do that then I'll work at Walmart." "Walmart?" I asked. He said that with all of the people who shop there Walmart makes a lot of money. I then explained that a Walmart employee doesn't get to keep the money the company makes. I told him he'd probably make about $10/hour. When he did the calculations he was VERY happy about how much money he could earn. All too soon the reality of money will hit him! (Maybe I would be happy with $10/hour as well if I still lived with my parents! :)

2 comments:

debbie said...

Yay! I loved the updates of your cute family. I can't believe how big the kids are getting! Where does time go? Seriously!

Rebecca said...

Jordan makes me smile! I really enjoy having him in scouts and will be sad when he moves on!