CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

My online notebook.....

When my dad spoke at our wedding luncheon, he counseled Aaron and me to keep a notebook to write down the cute things that our future children would say. I regret that I haven't done that. This entry is my first attempt to start heeding his counsel.

Anyway, when Aaron is out of town we sometimes get fast food while he's gone. He's currently in Manila so we grabbed some lunch at Carl's Jr. We were eating at our table when Jordan asked if my hamburger bun was made from wheat (unfortunately it wasn't). He then asked what the little things on top of the bun were. I told him they are seeds of some kind. He asked what they would grow, to which I answered that I wasn't sure (probably sesame). Maya answered the question: "I know what they grow.....hamburger buns." Of course....how could I NOT know the answer to the obvious! After I explained that it wasn't possible we got a good laugh about it and ended up discussing the things we wish would grow on trees, like money. I told them how when I was a kid I actually tried to plant a money tree because one of my dad's coworkers told me if I planted a quarter a money tree would grow. I'm still waiting for the tree to sprout.... :)

The other day Jordan asked me if cows were on the planet at the same time as dinosaurs.....does anyone think they know if they were? I'd love to hear from you. :)

3 comments:

debbie said...

I love the thought that sesame seeds grow buns! So cute!

I'd say that cows and dinosaurs probably didn't exist together. And my reasoning is that they probably haven't discovered any cow bones in the same layers of rock that dinosaur bones exist. At least that's the kind of explanation I gave my 4th graders when I taught them about dinosaurs. We know that crocodiles and dinosaurs existed at the same time because their bones have been discovered in the same layer of rocks. It's still a mystery why the crocodiles survived and the dinosaurs didn't. OK--enough from "Mrs. Kirby!" Hopefully that makes sense, even if I'm not 100% sure it's right!

The Dillon 6 said...

Of course they did -- how else would the dinosaurs get milk??

Corey and Lisa said...

LOL, I wish I had a witty explanation too! I would probably have said something like "Yes they did but the cows tried to stay away from the dinosaurs so they lived on another part of the earth" I love the cute stuff kids come up with! My fave still is when Jordan used to call Nintendo "Pretend-O"!!