CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cool Conference Moment....

Last weekend, as I was watching the Saturday morning session of General Conference, I was feeling pretty drowsy. Then I was suddenly jolted into being fully in tune when I heard Sister Allred say my dad's name (Elder Prina) during her talk. I called my dad shortly after her talk and he told me about Sister Allred's conversion. I am in the process of getting him to send me an email with the full details of what happened with her, but the short version of it is that one day he organized a door knocking with the missionaries serving in the area where Sister Allred lived. He instructed everyone to be prayerful about where to knock doors because there were somewhere around 2000 home units in this particular area. The very first door he and his companion knocked on was at Sister Allred's house! My dad was tearful as he related the story, and he said there was something very special about that family, and especially about Sister Allred and her sister Dina. Anyway, I'm attaching the clip where she describes her conversion story. I will add my dad's email once he sends it to me....a blog is a pretty cool way to store family history information! :)

10 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

Okay so I'm NOT crazy!!! When she said "Elder Prina" I asked Josh if he thought it was your dad and he said, "probably not, but that would be cool"...I TOTALLY thought she was talking about your dad and she WAS!!!! That is so cool!!!

Katie said...

Yes, that is cool! I had to go back and listen to the talk...it was a great story!

Eva Andersen said...

I knew when Aaron married you, we'd be famous someday!

Love, Aunt Eva

Anonymous said...

Teresa called me on Sunday am and said, "I heard Elder Prina's name mentioned during conference on Saturday just as I was walking out the door. Who was Sister Allred talking about"? I said, "That was my brother, Peter. He and I talked about that conversion story when he visited us in Denver the last time." What a wonderful reminder of the importance of the "one."
Love, Aunt Jeanid

Bennett Family said...

WAY COOOL!!!!!!!

wish you were here in whistler...!
next year. :)

debbie said...

I did hear "Prina," but I thought nah.....couldn't be related. How awesome is that!

youreprettytoo said...

I look forward to reading your dad's side of the story! I must admit that I didn't even hear her say "Prina" and I've seen it a couple of times with it being rebroadcast on KBYU several times. That is cool.

The Dillon 6 said...

I was TOTALLY listening to that talk! :)

The Snow Queen said...

I love missionary work! Kerry, I love your story. I'm so excited you posted about it! How blessed your dad is to have such great confirmation that he made a difference. I am eagerly anticipating the next chapter.

Corey and Lisa said...

Such a cool story! That is awesome....I bet every missionary dreams that someone they convert will one day speak to us in General Conference!!!