1) what ever happened to Robby Meidel and Danny Azure??
No clue....in 5th grade Robby asked me to "go around" (go out) with him and I said yes...our relationship lasted until lunch recess because I felt so guilty about it because I wasn't 16 yet. I gave him the excuse that our parents may find out about us at a PTA meeting (even though my parents didn't actually go to those meetings). :)
2) was it worth the 19 year wait??
You know, I still have dreams about some of the guys who tried to kiss me before I was 19...sometimes I wish I would've kissed them so that I wouldn't have these random "unresolved issues" dreams. But when it comes down to it, I'm glad that my conscience and fear were so strong because the sooner most people start kissing, the sooner most people can get into trouble. ;)
3) I had no idea you lived "abroad" ~ was that before or after you got married?! Oh wait -- your mission??
My family has a business in Chile (furniture, rainsticks, etc.) and I lived with my sister and bro-in-law (who were running the Chilean end of the business) in Temuco for 4 months. I moved from there up to Concepción (I love to say I lived in Conception for 4 months) to do BYU Study Abroad. The whole experience was so awesome! The Spain places are where I served my mission. Malloco, Chile is where Aaron and I spent the first year of marriage. By that time the family business was moved up to Malloco (outside of Santiago), and my oldest brother and his family were living there running it. He and the other owners started a donut company and needed help to run it. Aaron accepted the job offer and went down there...I followed him a month later after I trained someone to take over my job in Utah. Aaron did the basic management of the company while I attempted to do the bookkeeping/accounting stuff which is done way differently than in the U.S. We had to shut down after a year, but it was an amazing learning experience and since we were the only young American couple with no children living in that area, we were able to get to know the mission presidents of the 4 Santiago missions and sometimes stay with their kids while they traveled for conferences. Very cool! I also was the camp director for our ward's Young Women....the very first year they ever had a Girls' Camp in Chile. Now THAT was an interesting experience.....staying in an established vacation camp (with tents, though) where there was a pool and the Young Men were there at the same time. I remember wondering what universe I was in when I looked at the pool and saw a bunch of the youth (boys and girls) dancing the Macarena by the side of the pool (most of the girls in bikinis). It was also bizarre when some of the girls got sick and one went into seizures because the owners had put rat poisoning down in the campground just before we got there. Good times....good times! There are the answers with probably WAY more information than ever expected....again, this is a good journal for me. :)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Answers (my epistle) to Melissa's questions about my "tag" questions in the post below:
Posted by Kerry at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
okay, i LOVED this post! so fun. especially the girls' camp part! and your family owns a business in CHILE?! how did i not KNOW this?!
SO FUN!!! I'm glad I asked! I agree ~ my blog is my famiy journal. I hope my kids appreciate it at some point. ;)
I'm so excited that you guys are Boxer lovers too!!! :) Your story about your neighbors boxers is so sweet. They are great dogs aren't they! :)
Post a Comment