It's Aaron again - posting an update to my earlier post about my friend Rob Epperson. Rob passed away on Thursday morning. I got the news as I was leaving the house - about to start an hour commute to Redmond. After a couple of calls to friends and family I had about 30 minutes to drive - no radio or distraction - just to let it sink in. It is a heartbreaking loss for anyone who knew Rob and it really is a shock to each of us that have been hoping and praying and wishing for the best and not really accepting that it was happening.
I know through Kerry's link to the Epperson's that some of you have read Rob's online journal and have been blessed by Patti's daily updates of faith, courage, determination, and example. I don't think I could have been so strong. I think I would have crumbled under the weight of it all. What a great example of humilty Patti and Rob are to all of us that watched them.
I have paused often the last couple of days - just staring really, at my wife or my kids - thinking how fast things change - how fast things changed for Rob and Patti. 12 weeks ago they were probabaly planning disneyland trips this summer or the roadtrip to seattle to watch BYU play UW in September. I think about our new baby coming in 18 weeks and how precious every last second must have been for them. Truly an extra second would have been priceless...I think how much I would be willing to give for just an extra minute with my wife and children...
As I put in a post on their site - it was an honor to know Rob - to be his room mate for a year at BYU and to be there when he met, fell in love, and married Patti. There was no doubt when they met that they were for each other.
So - to the title of this post - The simpleness of what matters most to me is my family, my faith, and what I'm doing about both of those things.
Thanks to those who have read Rob and Patti's website - and have prayed and hoped alongside them. The Lord was truly with them and I know Rob is with Him now and He is carrying Patti through this time... Please remember what matters most to you - and it will honor people like Rob and what they lived for.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
What matters most
Posted by Kerry at 6:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wonderful reminder...thank you. our thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends' family.
Thank you for the post...sometimes we just need to step back and re-realize what is MOST important in our lives. Also, thanks for the phone call, it has been way too long! Love you and the fam!
thanks for the PERFECT reminder for this slow Sunday afternoon. I think I'll spend some time with each of my kids...and Doug, too.
Stop it...you're making me cry, again.
Post a Comment