
That is the question we were asked during the ultrasound at my last OBGYN appointment. If I remember correctly, the doctor said the baby was measuring at 35 weeks for his head, 36 weeks for his abdomen, and 37 weeks for his femur (leg bone). He had me do the blood glucose test AGAIN, but it still came out normal. I'm supposed to eliminate carbs and sugar as much as possible or I could deliver a 10 1/2 - 11 pound baby (no wonder the stretch marks just keep getting higher on my belly). None of my maternity clothes fit very well anymore, but I'm too cheap to buy more at this point (I'm almost 33 weeks). It's also very difficult for me to make these dietary changes because 1) I'm a very long-time addict of sugar, and 2) it's just not fair that I have to be so miserable already PLUS not be able to satisfy my late-pregnancy cravings! :) I do have to say, however, that I'm very grateful that the baby appears to be healthy. That's my venting session for now! :)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
"Does anyone in your family have a big head?"
Posted by Kerry at 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
um,,,,i believe my 2nd born's head was measuring 32 weeks at my 18 week appt. they said he would be over 9 lbs. he was 8lb 1 oz. don't worry! my kids both have huge heads...the bigger the head, the bigger the BRAINS, rigth!?
fortunately, none of our kids had big heads...that would have killed me.
You'll be fine. And your baby will be BEAUTIFUL!
I'll find out if any of my maternity clothes are at my aunt's home...they were VERY comfie at the end!
I still think you are due like next week!!! Also, I don't think I would have the discipline to cut out sugar!! Oh well, I guess we might see your baby coming out walking!!
Poor, poor KErry! Well, we all have big heads in our family, but I don't think that's exactly what the doc meant! ;) Spencer was measuring 6 weeks ahead in all areas, and he was 9lb 1oz...early. Good luck! Wish we could be out there to help! Love you!
my kids all had big heads (and still do!) don't know if they were that big though.
my sister tested negative for gestational diabetes, but ended up with an 11 pound baby anyway! crazy!
Holy cow...you are like 3-4 ahead of schedule here. Does this mean he can come early? Good luck with that no sugar thing...
Post a Comment